Caring for Hardwood Floors
Hardwood floors are most often associated with higher material and installation costs. However, they are also good long-term options for attractive and sturdy flooring. It is important to note that these high class floors require a certain level of maintenance and care.
If you are in need of hardwood floor cleaning, the experienced Austin area hardwood technicians at WOW Total Cleaning can help. Contact one of our experts today at 512-291-0048 to find out more about your options and to get started on properly caring for your hardwood flooring.
Tips for Hardwood Floor Care
When it comes to your home materials, it is important you take steps to care for the investments you have made. This is particularly true for your hardwood floors. The following steps can help you keep your hardwood floors in good condition for years to come:
- Use door mats to keep as much dirt, sand and grit particles from coming into contact with your hardwood flooring as possible.
- Always be sure to immediately clean up after a spill.
- Use proper cleaning materials when caring for your hardwood floors. Something made specifically for the materials will be much less damaging long-term than a generic cleaning product.
- Keep your floor protected from prolonged sun damage by using curtains and drapes liberally.
- Never drag furniture or other heavy items across your hardwood flooring.
In addition to these steps, it is important to have occasional professional cleaning and maintenance performed on your hardwood floors. From waxing to oil treatments, hardwood flooring specialists can help you care for your beautiful investment in a thorough and professional way.
For over 15 years the Austin area hardwood cleaning experts at WOW Total Cleaning have been working to surpass the needs and expectations of our clients. Contact our office today at 512-291-0048 to learn more about your options or to set up a hardwood floor cleaning appointment today.