Myths about Air Duct Cleaning
Most of us don’t give much thought to the air ducts in our homes, and as such, many people fail to properly clean their air ducts. Unfortunately, this can lead to a number of different undesirable issues. For this reason, homeowners should be aware of the steps that should be taken to keep their air ducts in the best possible shape. The following are some popular myths about air duct cleaning which need to be corrected:
- Myth: Unclean air ducts have no effect on my health.
- Fact: Unclean air ducts are the root problem for many allergy sufferers in the United States. Furthermore, unclean air ducts may exacerbate other respiratory disorders, such as asthma.
- Myth: It’s too expensive to have my air ducts cleaned.
- Fact: Even minor dirt accumulation on an air conditioning unit’s heating or cooling coil can lead to significant efficiency reductions, raising utility costs. Air duct cleaning can help to prevent higher utility bills and the possibility of system failure, a savings that can easily outweigh the cost of cleaning.
- Myth: Air ducts can only be cleaned with chemical solutions.
- Fact: There is no need for air ducts to be cleaned with chemicals, and in fact, many chemicals which would be useful for normal cleaning may pose a health risk if used to clean air ducts.
If you or someone you know wishes to have their air ducts cleaned or inspected, our team of professional service staff can meet your needs. Contact the Austin air duct cleaning professionals of WOW Total Cleaning today at 512-291-0048 to learn more about how we may be able to help you.