It can be difficult to eliminate the odor of pet urine from your carpet in certain situations. If it has seeped through to all the layers of the carpet fiber, it is necessary to remove or neutralize it through all the layers to effectively eliminate the odor. If the extent of the damage is more severe, replacing the padding might be the next best option; remaining odor can seep into other porous items within your household if left untreated.
How to Clean the Carpet
Follow these steps if your pet just urinated on a carpeted area:
- Soak up as much of the urine as possible using paper towels and newspapers before it dries.
- Reinforce the proper urinating area for your pet by taking the soaked materials to the litter box or outside. Make sure you are positive and not expressing anger, as you do this.
- Wash the stained area with cold water and dry the area as best you can with a wet vacuum.
- Ensure any traces of chemicals used before have been removed entirely. Neutralizing cleaners will act on these chemicals instead of the urine, wasting precious time and resources. It is imperative to thoroughly wash, rinse and dry the area with cold water.
- Finally, use a high quality pet odor neutralizer to eliminate the odor. If you are unsatisfied, use any strong carpet stain remover.
- If the urine has soaked into the padding underneath the carpet, you may just have to replace that part of the padding and carpet.
Remember, patience, positive reinforcement and treats for urinating in the appropriate areas are part of the process to teach your pet proper household behavior.
If you have noticed any particularly difficult stains in your carpet, you may need to have them professionally treated. For the professional help you need for your most difficult stains, contact the Austin carpet cleaning experts at WOW Total Cleaning today by calling 512-291-0048.
- Extremely professional company! The crew did a phenomenal job today on our ceramic tile floor, getting rid of the wax, steaming, and polishing the floors! It was a long job but they left our floors immaculate! The front desk, Ivy, gave us updates on when they would arrive and communicated with us on any changes in their schedule. I highly recommend this company, and we will definitely use them again!!!
- We just had our tile flooring thoroughly stripped and cleaned. They did an amazing job and me and my husband are very pleased. They worked very hard and took almost no breaks. They arrived on time and the staff were extremely professional, respectful, and pleasant. I wish we knew about them before. We would have used them yearly. I highly recommend their service. They are a bit pricey but well worth every dime as they will leave your house immaculate. We will recommend them to all our neighborhood. It is rare to get such stellar service. We look forward to using them soon.
- I called Wow Total Cleaning's Emergency Hotline and the owner Gustavo immediately picked up. It wasn't some calling center that I had to wait for, it was a direct line to his cell phone which I really appreciated. They offered to come immediately in the middle of the night, but I was working with the insurance claims and so we started first thing the next morning.
- While on a 3 week vacation we had WOW come to our 4200 SQFT house and what can I say.............INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!! Even the Schmootz in the corners that accumulates was REMOVED! Every Horizontal surface was SPIC AND SPAN!!!! Floors polished....Blinds cleaned...Ceiling fans cleaned...and even the windows(INSIDE AND OUT)...They were ...ON TIME...PROFESSIONAL and they did an EXCEPTIONAL JOB!!!!!!!.....VERY REASONABLY PRICED as WELL.
- The WOW team was on time, courteous and professional in every way. When they were finished I asked them to do a little more. They were happy to stay late to take care of my request. I will continue to use WOW for my cleaning needs.
- Best job and service ! We use them two to three times every year . Always on time and excellent work ! I recommend them to everyone ! Oh and the prices are fair , can't beat that !
- They did a fantastic job and were very professional. You could tell that they did it (and did it well) because they actually cared about helping more that just the money. They answered all our calls and were quick to get there after we first called them. Our house flooded, and they were quick and compassionate in their work to extract the water and take out damaged carpet and ceiling. I definitely recommend them.
- We have used Wow at least 3 times, maybe 4. They are always professional, on time and they do a great job. We have done carpet, upholstery, and tile. They have been great in every scenario. All in all, great service.
- WOW Total Cleaning always do an excellent job cleaning our carpets, tile and grout. They are always on time, careful with our house and furniture, very nice, courteous and fast. We always call them when We need our tile and carpet to be clean, especially after a party or Holidays, We will sure recommend WOW Total Cleaning. Thanks for a great service, and excellent rates!!