MI Apartment Flooded After Water Heater Explosion

A Michigan neighborhood was shaken Monday night, and a building flooded after a water heater exploded in an apartment.

According to officials with the Grand Rapids Police Department, firefighters were called to an apartment building in the 1100 block of Alpine Avenue shortly after 7:30 p.m. Monday night. A water heater in the basement of the apartment building, apparently in the process of being repaired, exploded.

Six adults and one teenager were in the building at the time of the explosion, all of whom were able to escape to safety before the firefighters arrived, according to Grand Rapids Battalion Chief Bart Perry.

The tenants of the building are staying with friends until fire department officials can assess the apartment. The basement of the building is flooded with water as a result of the water heater explosion.

If your home or business has been damaged by water leaks or flooding, the professionals at WOW Total Cleaning can help. For more information on Austin water extraction please call 512-291-0048.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>