A natural gas hot water heater exploded Tuesday in a Bellingham Condominium.
According to officials with the Bellingham Fire Department, crews responded to a three-alarm blaze after residents in the 60-unit complex reported thick, black smoke coming from the second floor shortly after 9:00 p.m. Tuesday. Bellingham Fire Department Assistant Chief Andy Day said firefighters spent about 20 minutes extinguishing the flames.
No injuries were reported in connection with the blaze, Day said.
Fire investigators believe a natural gas hot water heater is to blame for the fire. The unit sustained heavy water damage as a result of the explosion, Day said. The second and third floors of the building had minor smoke damage.
The two people living in the condo were not home at the time of the fire.
If your home has sustained water or smoke damage, please contact the Austin carpet cleaners and water extraction specialists of WOW Total Cleaning by calling 512-291-0048.