A hardwood floors are a beautiful addition to any home, but they require proper upkeep.
Many people are unaware of how to clean and maintain the beauty of hardwood floors. There are many do’s and don’ts when it comes to keeping your hardwood floor clean.
– Don’t wax a wood floor with a urethane finish. This could damage the floor.
– Don’t use ammonia cleaners or oil soaps on a wood floor as they can dull the finish.
– Don’t west mop or use excessive water to clean a hardwood floor. Wood expands when it is wet and mopping could cause the floor to crack or splinter.
– Do minimize your floors exposure to water by cleaning spills immediately
– Do use cleaners that do not leave a residue or film
– Do use a professional hardwood floor cleaner to remove scuffs.
To learn more about protecting your wood floors, please contact the experienced Austin hardwood floor repair experts of WOW Total Cleaning by calling 512-291-0048.