The tile and grout in your home is very likely one of your least favorite things to clean. It can be tedious, hard work that yields little results if you are not experienced. Cleaning tile and grout also often means breaking out the heavy-duty cleaners and chemicals that are harsh not only on dirt and grime but also on your body.
Bleach and other chemical detergents can be inhaled into your lungs, burn your eyes, and are toxic to not only touch but to smell. If you have pets, small children, or are simply wanting to clean your home in the safest way possible, green cleaning is the way to go!
Why Tile and Grout Cleaning is Important
When you have guests enter your home, one of the first things they may notice is your tile floor. If your tile and grout are dirty, it’s not only an eyesore but may also be fostering mold and mildew growth, especially in moist environments, like the kitchen or bathroom.
Children and animals are closer to the floor, and bacteria, mold, and mildew can cause health issues, especially in those suffering from allergies.
Tile and grout can affect the look of your entire home, whether that means that your bathroom looks permanently dingy and dirty, or the tile in your living room makes it embarrassing to have people over. However, tile and grout are also notoriously difficult to clean, especially if your tiles are natural stone or you have tinted grout.
Reasons You Should Go Green
“Green” cleaning means that you are using products that are safer for the environment as well as your health. Harsh chemical cleaners are not only harmful on their own, when mixed together they can be downright dangerous.
Green cleaning protects not only you from inhaling toxic fumes and touching unsafe chemicals, but also your pets and children, who are closer to the floor and tend to put more things in their mouths.
Green cleaning is particularly important for anyone who suffers from asthma, skin conditions, or any other health ailments that might be impacted by the types of cleaners they use. Green cleaning also protects the environment, using biodegradable ingredients that aren’t derived from petroleum, and don’t release volatile organic compounds (VOCs) indoors.
Green cleaning can also save you money, as many green cleaning products are extremely cost-effective, and may be found already in your home. For example, vinegar can be used to help clean tile and grout. In fact, vinegar can be used to replace a host of other chemical cleaning agents, such as window cleaners and even fabric softener in your laundry.
However, keep in mind if you are trying this on your own, that grout may contain alkaline cement; since vinegar is an acid it can etch natural stone tiles – if you are not sure what products you should be using, please let professionals inform you what is safe to use in your home or business.
Call the Professionals for Tough Jobs
Tile and grout cleaning can take more elbow grease than most cleaning jobs around your home. Depending on the type of tile, they may also require special care or homeowners risk discoloration from harsh cleaning products. Even if you don’t hire cleaning services regularly, it is worth it to have the tile and grout in your home or business deep cleaned regularly. WOW! Total Cleaning offers the best Austin tile cleaning service.
At WOW! Total Cleaning, we specialize in green cleaning techniques that leave your home sparkling clean. Call us today!
- Extremely professional company! The crew did a phenomenal job today on our ceramic tile floor, getting rid of the wax, steaming, and polishing the floors! It was a long job but they left our floors immaculate! The front desk, Ivy, gave us updates on when they would arrive and communicated with us on any changes in their schedule. I highly recommend this company, and we will definitely use them again!!!
- We just had our tile flooring thoroughly stripped and cleaned. They did an amazing job and me and my husband are very pleased. They worked very hard and took almost no breaks. They arrived on time and the staff were extremely professional, respectful, and pleasant. I wish we knew about them before. We would have used them yearly. I highly recommend their service. They are a bit pricey but well worth every dime as they will leave your house immaculate. We will recommend them to all our neighborhood. It is rare to get such stellar service. We look forward to using them soon.
- I called Wow Total Cleaning's Emergency Hotline and the owner Gustavo immediately picked up. It wasn't some calling center that I had to wait for, it was a direct line to his cell phone which I really appreciated. They offered to come immediately in the middle of the night, but I was working with the insurance claims and so we started first thing the next morning.
- While on a 3 week vacation we had WOW come to our 4200 SQFT house and what can I say.............INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!! Even the Schmootz in the corners that accumulates was REMOVED! Every Horizontal surface was SPIC AND SPAN!!!! Floors polished....Blinds cleaned...Ceiling fans cleaned...and even the windows(INSIDE AND OUT)...They were ...ON TIME...PROFESSIONAL and they did an EXCEPTIONAL JOB!!!!!!!.....VERY REASONABLY PRICED as WELL.
- The WOW team was on time, courteous and professional in every way. When they were finished I asked them to do a little more. They were happy to stay late to take care of my request. I will continue to use WOW for my cleaning needs.
- Best job and service ! We use them two to three times every year . Always on time and excellent work ! I recommend them to everyone ! Oh and the prices are fair , can't beat that !
- They did a fantastic job and were very professional. You could tell that they did it (and did it well) because they actually cared about helping more that just the money. They answered all our calls and were quick to get there after we first called them. Our house flooded, and they were quick and compassionate in their work to extract the water and take out damaged carpet and ceiling. I definitely recommend them.
- We have used Wow at least 3 times, maybe 4. They are always professional, on time and they do a great job. We have done carpet, upholstery, and tile. They have been great in every scenario. All in all, great service.
- WOW Total Cleaning always do an excellent job cleaning our carpets, tile and grout. They are always on time, careful with our house and furniture, very nice, courteous and fast. We always call them when We need our tile and carpet to be clean, especially after a party or Holidays, We will sure recommend WOW Total Cleaning. Thanks for a great service, and excellent rates!!