Cleaning your home is an important task to make sure to keep it healthy for everyone who lives there. One of the biggest things in your home that needs to be cleaned is your carpets.
The carpets in your home can be breeding grounds for bacteria, mites, and germs. Especially when carpets become moist and begin to get soiled, those bacteria and germs can build up even further.
Knowing how to properly clean your carpets can make a huge difference in your home.
Steam Cleaning VS Vacuuming
Vacuuming and steam carpet cleaning are two very different things that complete two very different tasks. You can’t compare one to the other, but knowing the difference between the two, and how each one can help you successfully clean your carpets is important. Once you know what each task accomplishes, you will be able to best clean your home.
Before you can even think about steam cleaning your carpets, you need to start with a good old fashioned vacuuming. What this does is makes sure that all of the dirt and debris that is trapped in your carpet gets cleaned away.
Tips for Vacuuming:
Remove Small Objects – Before vacuuming, pick up anything too large for your sweeper.
Pull Back Slowly – Your vacuum does most of the work when you’re pulling it backward, so pull it slowly.
Once is Not Enough – In order to truly get all of the dirt, debris, and hair off your floor, it’s usually better to vacuum multiple times. This is especially important to do if you have any pets.
Empty the Canister/Change the Bag – Make sure to keeps your canisters, or bags, emptied or replaced frequently. If they become to full your vacuum with not be able to effectively clean your floors.
Steam cleaning is a great way to get all the grime and odors out of your carpets. Over time your carpet’s fibers trap oils, dirt, bacteria, and can cause discoloration, stains, and odors. Making sure to regularly steam clean your carpets can help extend the life and vibrancy. Steam carpet cleaning is essentially a wash for your carpets.
Finding professional carpet cleaning in Austin is easy, but if you do it yourself, remember these tips:
Tips for Steam Cleaning:
Vacuum First – Loose dirt and debris hide in your carpet.The first step before you start steam cleaning is a vacuum so you don’t clog your cleaner with any loose dirt and grime.
Test Area – Always test a hidden area of your carpet to make sure any solution you are using doesn’t have a bad reaction.
Blot Stains – If you have any problem areas, try blot cleaning the stain. Saturate the stain with vinegar, and sprinkle generously with baking soda. This should help lift the stain. Scoop up and throw away excess baking soda, and proceed to clean your carpet as normal.
Call The Professionals
Sometimes the job you do just doesn’t suffice to your liking. When this happens, calling a professional is always a great option. Professional carpet cleaners know exactly how to steam clean your carpets to make sure it is done properly and effectively. When hiring an Austin carpet cleaning service, let know where your most trafficked areas lie.
Knowing where your carpets are most trafficked, will let them know where they should pay the closest attention when steam cleaning your floors. Hiring a professional can save you tons of time and frustration when you aren’t able to get them as clean as you had hoped.
When it comes to your carpets, keeping them clean can mean a healthier home for your family. Many people lack a bit of confidence when it comes to feeling as if they have properly and thoroughly cleaned their carpets. If you are amongst these people, don’t fret, you can always find a commercial carpet cleaner in Austin!
- Extremely professional company! The crew did a phenomenal job today on our ceramic tile floor, getting rid of the wax, steaming, and polishing the floors! It was a long job but they left our floors immaculate! The front desk, Ivy, gave us updates on when they would arrive and communicated with us on any changes in their schedule. I highly recommend this company, and we will definitely use them again!!!
- We just had our tile flooring thoroughly stripped and cleaned. They did an amazing job and me and my husband are very pleased. They worked very hard and took almost no breaks. They arrived on time and the staff were extremely professional, respectful, and pleasant. I wish we knew about them before. We would have used them yearly. I highly recommend their service. They are a bit pricey but well worth every dime as they will leave your house immaculate. We will recommend them to all our neighborhood. It is rare to get such stellar service. We look forward to using them soon.
- I called Wow Total Cleaning's Emergency Hotline and the owner Gustavo immediately picked up. It wasn't some calling center that I had to wait for, it was a direct line to his cell phone which I really appreciated. They offered to come immediately in the middle of the night, but I was working with the insurance claims and so we started first thing the next morning.
- While on a 3 week vacation we had WOW come to our 4200 SQFT house and what can I say.............INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!! Even the Schmootz in the corners that accumulates was REMOVED! Every Horizontal surface was SPIC AND SPAN!!!! Floors polished....Blinds cleaned...Ceiling fans cleaned...and even the windows(INSIDE AND OUT)...They were ...ON TIME...PROFESSIONAL and they did an EXCEPTIONAL JOB!!!!!!!.....VERY REASONABLY PRICED as WELL.
- The WOW team was on time, courteous and professional in every way. When they were finished I asked them to do a little more. They were happy to stay late to take care of my request. I will continue to use WOW for my cleaning needs.
- Best job and service ! We use them two to three times every year . Always on time and excellent work ! I recommend them to everyone ! Oh and the prices are fair , can't beat that !
- They did a fantastic job and were very professional. You could tell that they did it (and did it well) because they actually cared about helping more that just the money. They answered all our calls and were quick to get there after we first called them. Our house flooded, and they were quick and compassionate in their work to extract the water and take out damaged carpet and ceiling. I definitely recommend them.
- We have used Wow at least 3 times, maybe 4. They are always professional, on time and they do a great job. We have done carpet, upholstery, and tile. They have been great in every scenario. All in all, great service.
- WOW Total Cleaning always do an excellent job cleaning our carpets, tile and grout. They are always on time, careful with our house and furniture, very nice, courteous and fast. We always call them when We need our tile and carpet to be clean, especially after a party or Holidays, We will sure recommend WOW Total Cleaning. Thanks for a great service, and excellent rates!!